JOIN A MORTGAGE BROKERAGE
HOW TO BECOME A LOAN OFFICER
STEP 1: EDUCATION COURSES
- Sign up to take online education courses on Mortgage Educators and Compliance (MEC).
STEP 2: SAFE TEST WITH PROMETRIC
- Schedule your Safe Test with Prometric.
- Check your results on the NMLS database after 72 hours.
STEP 3: APPLICATION
- Submit your payment and MU4 application with NMLS.
- Clear a credit check and background check to qualify.
STEP 4: STATUS
- Request ‘approved-inactive’ status for licensing on the NMLS website.